Sunday, August 13, 2017

Magazines of Interest

I used to always subscribe to magazines during those school fund raisers and I continued to order from these fund raisers after I graduated and my younger sisters were still in elementary school. Three magazines that I've always looked at were Cooking Light, HGTV Magazine and People Magazine. I grew up watching the Food Network and HGTV with my mom and sister and still enjoy watching those channels. These magazines give me another way to look at recipes and house decor ideas. People magazine is simply an interesting magazine that has celebrity news, fashion, advertisements, and other topics along these lines. On the Cooking Light website there are a variety of similar articles like the ones found in the magazine, one I would be interested in is about healthy condiments, some common and some not. I also like how this magazine gives a variety of recipes for different diet plans, such as vegan, vegetarian, paleo, and gluten free.

Each of these magazines has it's own type of advertisements within them. Cooking Light has ads pertaining to different restaurants, foods, and cooking shows. HGTV has ads for furniture stores, TV shows on the channel HGTV, and products for around the house, such as cleaning supplies. People magazine gears more towards fashion like clothes and perfumes for their ads, with the occasional other ad similar to those in HGTV and Cooking Light. The fact that I read these magazines shows my interest in cooking and home decor as well as liking to keep up with at least a little bit of celebrity news. I don't keep track of everything celebrities and stars do, but I like to know a bit about the current events.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LBCC Radio

I didn't know that some people at Linn Benton had thought of creating a radio station based out of the campus, but I think it is somethi...